2020 Spring Tuber Sale – Online
Due to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) we will not be able to have our annual live tuber sale event at Bachman’s. Instead we will be selling the tubers online on this Minnesota Dahlia Society website. You will be able to pick-up your order at Bachman’s north parking lot.
Online Sales will start on April 4th at 9:00 am central time and will go through midnight of April 10th. This page will become the sales page when the sale starts:
Pick-up will be at Bachman’s on Lyndale Ave, in the north parking lot on April 18th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Bring a printout of your Invoice.
We would like to spread the traffic out to avoid a long line in the morning.
If your last name starts with the letter A – L pick-up from 10:00 am to 11:30 am
If your last name starts with the letter M – Z then please come after 11:30 am.
We appreciate your help and can’t run the club without your participation!
Below is the list of dahlia tubers that we have ordered from commercial growers across the U.S.
We cannot guarantee that we will receive all varieties in sufficient numbers and may have to make some substitutions but will do our best.
The American Dahlia Societies online classification guide provides a list of definitions for the abbreviations of forms, color, and sizes. The link to the ADS guide is here https://www.dahlia.org/ocg/. The class numbers listed are the ADS classification numbers used when entering blooms in a show.
We are moving our Pick-Up to the South lot because Bachman’s has their own curb-side pickup in the other lot.
We are following all precautions that are recommended to avoid any close contact.
- We will have cars pull up on either side of the tent and keep people loading orders into cars more than 6 feet apart.
- Our volunteers will be wearing gloves and masks.
- Orders were paid online so we don’t need any face to face exchange.
- Just hold your printed invoice up to the window so we can find the matching order.
- We will load your order into your car’s trunk or back seat, just like they do at our grocery store.
- We will take similar precautions when bagging up the orders.
There is also an option to have the package shipped to you; shipping charges will apply.