2020 Garden Tour and Picnic
Date to be determined – Garden Tour and Picnic
This year, 3 member gardens are featured in Ham Lake, Marine on St. Croix, and Osceola, WI.
Based on the success of last year, this tour will also cover more distance (and time) than usual, going into Wisconsin.
- The tour will be from 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm but will enjoy a relaxed picnic at the last stop, so don’t expect to get back to your car much before 8:00 pm.
- We will not be able to use a bus, since we can’t social distance. Everyone will have to drive. We also request that everyone where a mask or bandanna, while touring the gardens.
- The first stop is Kyle Cassidy’s four acre garden with several hundred dahlias. This is Creekside Dahlias farm, selling cut flowers and tubers. Kyle will be bringing a lot of blooms to the fair, so we ask that you not go down the aisles where blooms might be damaged. There is plenty to see from the edge.
- The second is Kelly Thommes’ farm, Marine on St. Croix, MN. She grows a couple hundred dahlias along with other flowers that she sells for cut flower arrangements. She is fairly new to the club, but did get on the Court of Honor at the Bachman show last year.
- The third is Karen Loney’s place in Osceola, WI. It is on a long lot, with lots of garden to see. This is where we will picnic so please bring your lawn chairs and picnic utensils. There is plenty of room to social distance but since we cannot line up at the food table, we ask that you bring your own main meal. The club will provide a BBQ dish that you can get when there is no line. You can bring some desserts to share, as long as people wait till the table is open before approaching.