Elections for officers of the Society whose terms are up at the end of 2017 were held at the December 11, 2017, general meeting. The results of the election are as follows:
- Treasurer – Arnie Sachs was re-elected
- Secretary – Amy Simonson was re-elected
- Membership Director – Kathy Thomson was elected
- Second Vice President – Open
Second Vice President: We are seeking out any members in good standing; interested in volunteering in this role. The term is 2 years and duties include:
- Assuming the duties of the President in the absence of the President and the First Vice President.
- Being responsible for planning and carrying out internal programs of the Society including the monthly meetings, awards presentations, spring picnic, and garden tour/picnic.
- Corresponding with other dahlia societies for medal exchanges.
You will be assisted in the performance of these duties by the board and other committees as shall be appointed by the Board of Directors.
Please contact Carolyn Koehler if you are interested in this position.