Sunday August 13th
Please plan on joining fellow members and guests for the 2017 Garden Tour and Picnic.
This year the tour will feature 4 member gardens in the North Metro area. Each garden is unique to it’s owner(s) and will inspire and delight visitors. The tour will be from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm followed by a pot luck picnic at the last stop on the tour: the Cassidy garden.
Why go on the Garden Tour?
Taking a Garden Tour is an everyday adventure that provides an opportunity to:
- Explore unfamiliar areas and neighborhoods
- Experience creative , interesting, and diverse fellow member gardens
- Learn about new plant varieties, and discover garden designs ideas
- Be inspired to try new things in your own garden: designs/plants/techniques
- Remind yourself that beauty and value can be found in unique places
- Spend an afternoon with like-minded people
- Pick up a copy of the State Fair Show book and a free ticket to the fair for volunteering
- Enjoy a great Pot Luck picnic – share your best summer food recipes and enjoy others – Main course (fried chicken ) will be provided
1:00 pm Linda Horsmann and Dave Beckman Garden – Mounds View
2:00 pm Barry Ertl Garden – Dayton
3:00 pm John Enstrom Garden – Anoka
4:00 pm Lisa and Kyle Cassidy Garden and Picnic – Ham Lake
An email with addresses, directions, and a map will be sent to all members.